Sunday 15 March 2015

Famous Kollywood Celebrities Voice Their Opinions On Rape And Violence Against Women

Kollywood celebrities have come out to strongly condemn the current state of India where women are being raped mercilessly. They have also expressed their anger towards the lawyers who have come forward to defend the rapists and the ban on the documentary, India's daughter. While it is a real shame to realize

that India is fast becoming a dangerous place for women, it is encouraging to see many prominent

celebrities talking about the ongoing issue rather than shying away from it. In a country like India where 

celebrities' thoughts and actions reaches the maximum percentage of our total population, it becomes crucial and an important responsibility for actors and stars to voice against such inhuman behaviour by our fellow 

citizens. That's where Kollywood can be proud of its celebrities who have openly criticized such acts and the people defending it. We bring to you some of their thoughts and criticisms against rape 

and men who involve themselves in such gruesome acts. Some of them like playback singer Chinmayi and actress Shruti Haasan have expressed their thoughts clearly with generous amount of sarcasm while others have conveyed anger and disappointment.

Radhika's Plea A disturbed Radhika wrote: "Pls watch India's Daughter the BBC documentary, teach our sons the value of a woman and life, very disturbing, but it's the truth."

Khushboo's Quote Khushboo shared a quote which read, "Real men don't prey on women, they pray for them."

Chinmayi's Sarcasm Singer Chinmayi expressed her anger with a touch of sarcasm. She posted, "Heart is going out to all Indian men who are newly realising how it feels to be unfairly blamed and shamed in a rape culture."

Amala's Anger Amala Paul expressed her anger on the lawyer who is currently defending the rapist. She said, "Luks like a rapist too,smone shud dig into his past who knws wat u might find. He s not any less than a rapist #shame"

Parvathy Menon's Promise Parvathy said, "I am an individual first, not my gender. But, my gender is female. And for that this country's failing lawmakers and indifferent government will not mind if I am raped, abused and killed. This is my country too. This is my land too. I reserve the right to breathe and live 24x7, 365 days of every year that I am alive the way I wish to. My body, gender, sexuality, and everything related to it is none of anybody's business but mine. I will protect my body and space ferociously, and I'll die helping other individuals do the same. I promise."

Prakash Raj's Tears An emotional Prakash Raj said, "Watched #IndiasDaughter in tears.. We Men of my country should hang our heads in shame ... Shame on those who are banning this documentary."

Pranita Left Speechless Saguni  actress Pranita wrote, "#IndiasDaughter. Speechless!! More than the rapists, I am appalled at the statements made by their defence lawyers., SICK!!"

Shruti The Bat Girl Reacting to the documentary, Shruti Haasan said, "So my character is bat girl because I move around in the night .. Lol #itsherfault #indiasdaughter #makeindiasafeforme24/7"

Samantha's Reaction Samantha Ruth Prabhu wrote, "Ideally, they learn from it either way. #indiasdaughter. World's largest democracy with a pitiful identity crisis"

Siddharth's Opinion Siddharth voiced out his opinion by posting, "A film about rape in the US military- yes. About rape in the Catholic Church-yes.A film about rape in India - BAN! #Indiasdaughter #DARKAGES"